Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Life’s a beach…

So here we are again but this time I can finally show you a few snippets from my wedding in Langkawi, Malaysia!

We had the most amazing time with perfect weather (although rain was predicted which did make my heart stop for a moment)!

Ruby’s beautiful pictures really captured the mood of the day wonderfully. My dress was from the Vintage Wedding Dress Company and I added some vintage pieces to complete the whole look. The pearls were a gift from a friend Mika, a jewellery designer in Japan - thanks Mika! For the shoulders, I sourced for vintage art deco clips which were sewn on together with the pearls.

Berwick Street Cloth Shop has been a god-send too. Their fabrics are to die for. Just be prepared if you go there because you will want to buy everything! I decided to make my own sash because I wanted something that was a combination of a belt and a train.

The shop assistant was brilliant and spent an hour with me going though all the possibilities. At one point, he looked like he was enjoying the process more than me! We ended up with a few meters of beautiful, soft french chiffon and lace trimming for the waist.

To compliment the 1940s dress and shoulder clips, Glitzy Secrets had these beautiful hair clips that was just perfect. I wanted a little sparkle overall but still maintaining a subtle and classy feeling.

Paul’s Lego table place cards/wedding favours went down a storm. He hand-made them one by one…poor thing! Magnets were glued behind each Lego name so that our guests could take them away and stick them on their fridges back home.

In addition I also commissioned a friend to create another set of wedding favours using feathers, shells and branches to go with the beach theme. They were made into corsages, hair combs and wrist corsages.

A year’s planning, hundreds of emails, phone calls and dealing with the time difference was worth it in the end. That said, I don’t miss organising it at all! I’m glad that part is over and done with.
What I do miss is the day itself, my friends all together in one place and the big party!

xx












Venue: The Andaman, Langkawi
Dress: The Vintage Wedding Dress Company
Earrings & Clips: Passionate about Vintage
Hair Clips: Glitzy Secrets 

Photographer: Ruby Yeo & Christina Lim 
Flowers: Darling Florist

3 comments:

  1. Your wedding looks amazing! The photographer captured the moment beautifully. Your cat is SO cute too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Congratulations and it looks like such a special day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...