Saturday, 7 May 2011

Studio Nicholson **H.N.D**



As part of my weekly feature on hot new designers (HND), let me introduce you to Studio Nicholson. I hesitated before posting this thread because Nick Wakeman’s creations are just to die-for and I wanted to keep this new find all to myself!

But that wouldn’t do her any justice as these clothes are meant to be shared to the world. Spread the love as they say! I’m a massive fan of men’s tailoring and clean lines which Studio Nicholson does so effortlessly. Her tailored jackets and modern silhouette ooze androgynous elegance.
“I have always coveted men’s tailoring, in fact menswear in general.”
Nick Wakeman
Apparently she would be wearing men’s shirts and jackets if she could. That’s what I would like too. In fact I’m still walking around wearing my ex-boyfriend’s Levi’s Twisted Originals and my dad’s chinos. Yes my dad, thank goodness they are both quite slim although occasionally I get the feeling I’m channeling Snoop Dog instead of Annie Hall.

For Spring Summer 2011 Studio Nicholson’s debut collection is a carefully considered range of shirts, blouses, jackets, trousers and shorts. The palette is subtle and feels honest and natural with indigo dyed navy, feminine khakis, coloured creams, taupe and hickory stripes.

It’s the perfect addition to my summer wardrobe. Going to have to pull out the cash for these beauties!
Buy here: www.theshopatbluebird.com and www.youngbritishdesigners.com



Cortina Indigo Jacket - £299 / Como Shirt in Glass - £130


Luca A Milk trousers - £165



Garda Green Oat Top - £125

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...