Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Wedding Belle

Reiss had a sample sale a few weeks ago and I picked up this beauty for £15. They were missing some laces but other than that, they were in great condition. Too good to let go. Sample sales can be a hit or miss sometimes. This one was packed with bargain-hunters and I must admit, I didn't stay too long because the ladies there were ready for war! I got out of there with my life and these heels.


I bought some leather laces from Ebay as they matched the piping around the shoe. They were also the perfect accompaniment to the dress I wore to a dear friend's wedding last weekend. Statement shoes are all the rage at the moment. Although I have to admit, towards the end of the night, I had to change into a pair of sandals that I brought along - my emergency shoe. Twelve hours on high heels are a killer!



Nikki looked stunning in her dress with diamante flowers in her hair. The top half of her dress was very Marilyn Monroe I thought. The sun was shining and we had a brilliant time tucking into canapes and champagne. The perfect summer wedding!

Vintage clutch bag / BCBG MaxAzria dress / Reiss shoes




Nikki wanted me to help with the wedding collateral which I was more than pleased to do. The theme of their wedding was to be to be romantic, whimsical and sweet. She had the idea of using birds and giving the design an air of the English countryside. So I came up with this illustration that consisted of two lovebirds and little leaves with berries which were printed in matt gold on cream paper and incorporated on all the wedding collateral.

A beautiful day with good friends that ended with me thinking wistfully back to my wedding day. It goes by so quickly when you're having fun....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...